Position Vacant: Resident Assistant
Posted: 8 April 2016
Last date for application: 15 April 2016
Number of Positions:  20

Hostels at Forman Christian College have openings for the position of Resident Assistant. The incumbents are expected to live in College/University hostels and take an active role in facilitating positive student wellbeing and good order at all times. You are required to take particular responsibility for incidents occurring while on call and to provide a link between the Hostel In charge and its resident students. Candidates applying from outside Lahore will be preferred.

Job Description

  • Ensure that all rules are being followed by the residents.
  • Report to the Hostel In charge
  • Over see attendance and monitor curfew being observed by residents
  • Conduct fortnightly meetings with respective residents
  • To be available during evenings and at least one weekend per month.
  • To report any misconduct or incident taking place in the hostel.
  • To coordinate with the hostel in charge on issues affecting residents and to report any maintenance defects, hazards etc. with the degree of urgency appropriate to the situation.
  • Conduct fortnightly meetings with your respective residents
  • To attend fortnightly meetings with RAs and Hostel In charge
  • Work with other RAs and hostel in charge for student activities
  • To be available to assist with the arrival, orientation and weekend departure of residents throughout the term.

Minimum Qualification

  • You need to be a current student at FC College.
  • You have to be at least a Junior, a senior, an Mphil, or PhD
  • At least 60 credit hours should be complete after spring 2016
  • A minimum of 2.75 CGPA


  • Free room and meals

How to Apply

Interested candidates can pick up the application forms from the office of Chief Student Affairs Officer (Ms Cheryl Burke) or the Hostel Office and must be submitted to either office latest by 15th April.

Application packet must include:

  • Application form including clearances from Accounts office and Proctor Office
  • 3 Reference Letters (reference letters needs to be at least one from your current faculty and one from a person in the administration. If you are a resident this must come from your warden as well)

You need to have a clean disciplinary record since you have been enrolled into FC College.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *