Learning Streams International prepares high school students with skills for undergraduate education and for living in the 21st Century. This is your chance to be part of the team of Mentors and work as a Near Peer Mentor with High School Students from diverse backgrounds.
Cost: This program is funded by Learning Streams International along with their partners
As a Near Peer Mentor you will be provided with opportunities to:
- Work as interns and add your potential and skills to the Program itself
- Be trained by professionals in the field of Sciences
- Manage the cohort of High School students allocated to you as mentees
- Work with the organizers to perform daily activities.
- Receive training in basic and emergency first-aid including CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation)
- Enhance your understanding of and exposure to other places through travel
- Focus on issues related to Watershed
- Be a presently enrolled Junior or Senior Student at FCCU
- Have exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Able to work with diverse group of students
- Able to adapt to changing environments and adhere to the schedules as assigned by the supervisor
Requirements to Apply:
- Should have a CGPA of 3.5 or higher
- An Academic Reference Letter by a teacher who has taught you at the university
- A copy of Latest Unofficial Transcript
- A 300 word “Statement of Purpose” focusing on:
- What about the program inspired you to apply?
- Any community service or research that you have done on the preservation of the environment (evidence to support the stance is required)
- Your thoughts about “Impact of Climate Change on Local Communities”
- What do you expect from the program and your aspiration about giving back to the community
**Be very precise in your statement. You may simply respond to the questions asked.
Program duration: June 3rd – August 10th, 2018
Mentors will then attend a Legacy Summit – one day in February or March of 2019
Application Deadline: April 20th, 2018
This will be followed by an interview for final selection
Submit your application in the form of a hard-copy at N-13, International Education Office