Our key role is to facilitate student development and communicate information regarding degree programs, courses, resources, and departmental policies/procedures to help students attain their educational goals. The academic advising process helps students to:
- Understand policies and procedures, curricular options, and academic program requirements
- Define and outline their educational objectives
- Helping students understand general education requirements as well as major subjects’ requirements.
- Plan programs that incorporate their interests, abilities, and goals
- Take full advantage of the facilities and resources available at FCCU
Other roles include:
Providing resources and professional development necessary for exemplary academic advising.
Seeking feedback/ evaluation from advisers and students for efficient academic advising.