Forman Christian College has a 25-meter swimming pool for the use of its students, faculty and staff. Each year there are separate annual swimming galas for male and female students.
|Camp for beginners||6:30-8:30 a.m.|
|Female Students||12:00-2:00 p.m.|
|Team and Single Male Staff||2:30-4:00 p.m.|
|Private members||4:00-6:00 p.m.|
|Staff Families||6:30-8:00 p.m.|
All swimming pool users must abide by the following rules:
- All students may use the swimming pool free of cost during the posted timings and in accordance with the rules governing the use of the swimming pool. They must fill in and submit a membership form along with two passport sized pictures and a medical certificate from the college Medical Officer stating that they have no skin diseases.
- Non-students must be members of the Swimming Club in order to use the pool. Memberships are available by season, by month or daily.
- In case of loss or damage to the swimming pool infrastructure, gadgets or equipment, the cost of the material and labor charges shall be realized from the person responsible for it.
- Members may bring one guest with the permission of the President of the Swimming Club or his representative present at the pool.
- The holder to the card enters the pool entirely at his/her own risk and responsibility. The College administration shall not, in any way whatsoever, be responsible for the loss of life, limb or property.
- There will be a lifeguard on duty. This person is responsible for maintaining discipline and safety at the pool. Members must cooperate with the lifeguard.
- No one will be allowed to swim without the proper swimming costume.
- No bather may be admitted to the pool directly from the street. All must shower thoroughly and proceed through the footpath to the pool.
- All members are required to have a medical certificate from the college doctor. Anyone having a contagious skin disease or infection will not be allowed to swim at any time. The lifeguard and his helpers have the power to bar such persons from the pool.
- The following behaviors will constitute grounds for suspension of membership: pushing or shoving others into the pool; quarreling and use of abusive language; or molestation and teasing of other swimmers
For more information, contact: