Last date for Application: Tuesday 24 July, 2018
Forman Christian College (A Chartered University) has a vacancy for Lifeguard (Female).
- To interact with the public responsibly and welcome all users of the facilities promoting a positive image of the facility
- To maintain a vigilant watch of the swimming pool areas in accordance with the operating procedures and take necessary action to ensure the safety of all pool users and staff.
- To assist in the preparation and operation of events and activities,
- To ensure that a consistently high level of cleanliness and hygiene is maintained throughout the facilities at all times.
- To ensure that lost property is handled and recorded in line with procedures.
- To patrol all areas of the facility and ensure that all areas are being used in the correct manner, making suitable adjustments as necessary.
- To assist in the opening and closing of the facilities when required and assist in monitoring the security of the premises at all times.
- Perform inspection of pool safety equipment including rescue aids and alarms in accordance with the operating procedures.
- Perform routine checks of customers’ Cards to ensure proof of payment for entry to the swimming pool.
- Carry out regular checks of the changing facilities, paying particular attention to customer safety, facility operation, security, cleanliness and hygiene including the assembly and dismantling of equipment and minor repairs when required.
- To comply with the Pool’s Health and Safety procedures at all times.
- To report any matter of concern to the Supervisor/ HOD/ Authority immediately.
- To prepare activity areas involving the setting up/dismantling of equipment.
- To ensure that all Pool equipment is stored safely and securely when not in use.
- To report any maintenance issues using the appropriate procedures.
- To assist the Supervisor with any tasks involved in the operation of the Pool.
- Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Matriculation / Intermediate
- Experience preferred minimum 2 years
- Demonstrates a pleasant and enthusiastic demeanor at all time
- Must have enthusiasm and posses excellent customer service skills
- Ability to follow directions and requests from guests
- Must have a friendly and outgoing personality
- Must be detailed oriented
- Skill in understanding and applying oral, written, illustrated or demonstrated instructions
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills
Please submit a cover letter, CV, and contact details of three references. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications must be emailed to email@example.com latest by Tuesday 24 July, 2018. It is necessary to clearly mention the job title in the subject line of email.
Forman Christian College (A Chartered University) is an equal opportunity employer.