The Residential Life Office is accepting applications for Resident Assistants for its hostels.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Ensure that all rules are being followed by the residents
- Report to the Hostel Guardian & RLO
- Oversee attendance and monitor curfew being observed by residents
- Conduct fortnightly meetings with respective residents
- To be available during evenings and at least one weekend per month
- To report any misconduct or incident taking place in the hostel
- To coordinate with the hostel Guardian on issues affecting residents and to report any maintenance defects, hazards etc. with the degree of urgency appropriate to the situation
- To attend fortnightly meetings with Hostel Guardian & RLO
- Work with other RAs and hostel Guardians and RLO for student activities/events including Farewell Function
- To be available to assist with the arrival, orientation and weekend departure of residents throughout the term
- Connect with residential life office for daily operations
- Any other task assign by hostel Guardian/Assistant Guardian and Residential Life Office
The applicants should have the following qualities:
- Good Administrative skills
- Believe in the motto of FCCU ‘By Love serve one another’
- Good communication skills
- Should be able to enforce and implement hostel rules
- Keen to learn from Guardians
- Obedience, sincerity and integrity
- Good inter-personal & intra-personal quality/ Good behavior
- Liaison between Hostel Guardian & Residential Life Office
Interested candidates should send their CV, a cover letter and clearance from Proctor of no disciplinary action and Accounts Office.
Applications must be emailed to email@example.com by Monday 30 April 2018.
Not inhabitants of Lahore but want to study at FCCU? We have a solution for that. Students who come from outside Lahore can apply for hostel space in FCCU’s 3 hostels for Baccalaureate and Postgraduate students (Girls Only), Shirazi and Ewing Halls provide accommodation to 240 Baccalaureate male students, while Hope Tower houses 366 female Baccalaureate & Postgraduate students. Meals are served at fixed times in the dining hall of each hostel. The hostels have faculty members who serve as Guardians & Residents Assistants who live in the hostel and supervise the quality of student life.
Fee Deadlines for Hostel Residents
|Class||Hostel Fee deadline|
|1st year 1st Installment Residents||Monday 13 August 2018|
|1st year 2nd Installment Residents||Friday 21 December 2018|
|2nd year 1st Installment Residents||Thursday 30 August 2018|
|2nd year 2nd Installment Residents||Friday 21 December 2018|
|Fall 2018 University Residents||Wednesday 12 September 2018|
Admission to FCCU does not guarantee hostel space. A separate hostel form must be filled to secure hostel space.
Hostel Allotment Procedure:
Please note that Hostel Allotment will be done on the basis of first come first serve
Step 1: Get your Roll Number from the Admissions Office.
Step 2: Fill the Intended Hostel Admission form. Once you submit the form, you will be queued for the respective hostel’s waiting list. After filling this form it is not guaranteed that your hostel allotment is confirm. Seats will be given on “FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE” basis. You can either fill the form below or click here to access the form
Step 3: Once you receive a confirmation call, you will be required to follow the below procedure:
download the Hostel Application form from FCCU website, fill it up and attach the list of documents given below.
List of Documents to be attached with the form:
- Copy of Roll Number Slip
- Father’s CNIC Copy
- For intermediate students, a copy of result card is compulsory
- 1 Passport size photograph
- In case you are Overseas student, you must attach a copy your passport
Step 4: Fill out the form and attach photocopies of required documents mentioned. Then, submit to the Residential Life Office. Also please bring along your fee according to your occupancy type with your documents so that you can secure your hostel admission
Step 5: Further details will be explained by the Residential Life Department.
- The hostel allotment is done on first come first served basis and limited seats are available each year.
- The hostel facility is only for those students who are admitted to FCCU from outside Lahore.
- Forms without University/College roll number will not be considered.
- All freshmen boys will be initially accommodated in the off campus hostel, EWING HALL. This is NOT negotiable.
- College transport is available for off campus residents ‘pick and drop’ at specified timings.
Fee Structure for Hostels
For Baccalaureate students all the hostel fees need to be paid up front for every semester.
The Semester fee for occupancy and mess will be deposited along with the security fee which is refundable when you will leave the hostel. The fee must be paid on yellow Challan/Slip form which is available at HBL, FCCU branch Lahore only.
Hostel Fee structure for Baccalaureate students: (For one semester only):
|Mess Fee per semester:|
Note:The fee for occupancy and mess will be deposited along with the security fee which is refundable when you will leave the hostel. The fee must be paid on yellow Challan/Slip form which is available at FCCU’s HBL branch Lahore only.
Residential Life Office will be informing students on the waiting list via phone call, text massage and email on their provided contact information. We will call a student 3 times in case they do not respond within the given time, and after that we will move on to the next candidate.
The waiting list will expire after 02 weeks of display. In case of no response, authorities will not be responsible for reservation.