It is a known fact that Urdu is the lingua franca of the subcontinent which has the powerful role in the region along with English language. Urdu has now become a respectable international language. The prompt growth of Urdu language seen all over the world proves that in the near future Urdu will be the symbol of progress, integrity and uprightness. It is most likely that in near future, the highly prestigious CSS (Central Superior Services) examination will also be conducted in Urdu language. FCCU has uniquely introduced a compulsory Urdu course in each of its disciplines at undergraduate level to make sure that every student attains proficiency in his / her national language. Now the department of Urdu has launched an MPhil Urdu program. The curriculum is designed to emphasize on the development of knowledge based economy.
There has been a high demand among general public as well as the outgoing students of BA Honors program at FCCU to initiate an MPhil program to meet the growing need of Urdu Teachers in the country. The inauguration of MPhil in the department of Urdu will push us in the direction to meet the vision of a research University. The MPhil program is going to introduce more advanced and innovating courses proving vast understanding of Arts, Culture and Literature. The program contains vast number of emerging courses including Literary Theory, Translation Studies, Literature of Minorities, Comparative Literature and Literary Services of Orientals in Urdu etc. The MPhil Urdu program is an evening program, so that graduates of Urdu holding jobs may be benefited along with fresh graduates
A 4-year BA (Hons) degree from an HEC recognized University in the discipline of Urdu with a minimum of 2.5 CGPA and 130 credit hours
A Conventional MA in Urdu with a minimum of 45% marks
NOTE: Acceptance is based upon the 1) departmental test, 2) interview and 3) an overall evaluation of the candidate, including: academic achievement and the statement of purpose
Provisional admission can be sought by students awaiting final results. Their admission will only be confirmed once they have submitted their complete official Transcript within the due dates.
MA Urdu, MA History, MA Pol Sc, MA Punjabi (PU, Lahore) MBA (American International University, Lahore) PhD (PU, Lahore)
- Focus on research and critical theory
- To produce skilled teachers, researchers, translators, creative writers and specialists of Urdu Language and Literature
- New Courses have been introduced to explore new horizons of research in Urdu
- Courses offered like Literature of Minorities, Literary Services of Orientals in Urdu, Literary Theory, Translation Theories and Creative Writing and Comparative Literature will be taught for the first time in any University in Pakistan
- All Faculty holding PhD Degrees
MPhil Urdu (Evening Program)
|Fall 2018||Spring 2019|
|Tuition Fee||Admission||Security||Total||Tuition Fee||Total||Total Fee Year Excluding tax|
|A||Admissions Begin||June 14, 2018|
|B||Last Date to Submit the Form||July 31, 2018|
|C||Admission Test (Sample Paper)||Date: August 06, 2018|
Time: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
|D||Interview||Date: August 09, 2018|
Time: 11:00 am
Venue: Sinclair Hall Room # 15 (Chairman Office)
|E||Merit List Displayed||August 16, 2018|
|F||Last Date for Fee Submission||August 31, 2018|
|G||Classes Begin||September 10, 2018|
How to Fill the Admission Form?
- Click on the Admission Inquiry Form under “Online Application Links”
- Fill in the Inquiry Form with your correct data
- Don’t forget to fill in the Program of interest
- In case you close the inquiry form without completing & submitting, you can use the Continuing Inquiry Form under “Online Application Links”
- If you have successfully submitted the inquiry form you will get an email. Check your inbox
- In your inbox, you will receive an email with your username and password which is your tracking code
- In the email received use the “Click Here” link to access the FC Empower portal
- Use the tracking code which is your username and password. Click on the Submit button
- Click on the admission application tab
- Click on the Access Form (Postgraduate or PhD) in which you are interested in applying
- Continue to fill in the form. Once finished, print and then click on ‘I have finished – Submit’
- Pay Rs. 2500 in HBL FCCU branch
- Attach all the required documents including the paid challan form to the Admission form and submit it in the Admission Office. All applicants must collect their Admit Slip from the Admission Office
In case of any query regarding admissions, kindly fill and submit the Admission Inquiry Form under “Online Application Links”. You would be assigned a Counselor and you would be able to see the Name and Email Address of your respective Counselor from your Empower Account. Send an Email regarding any admission related query to your respective Counselor.
You can also call the Admission Office at +92 (42) 9923 1581 upto 88. The extensions are 566, 377, and 317.
- An attested copy of the original Matriculation / O level result (web downloaded results are not acceptable)
- In case of O Level, a minimum of 8 subjects must have been passed
- An attested copy of the original Intermediate / A level / High School result (web downloaded results are not acceptable)
- In case of A Level, a minimum of 3 subjects must have been passed
- A and O Level and American High School Students have to submit a copy of their Equivalence Certificate (attested and stamped from IBCC)
- Attested copies of the final transcript of 4-year Honors / 2-year Conventional Bachelors and 2-year Conventional Masters degree
- FCCU students need to attach the attested copy of their official Baccalaureate transcript
- Students can submit their Transcript at least till the 7th semester at the time of form submission. If offered admission they must submit an attested copy of their complete official Transcript within 30 days of the beginning of the semester
- Statement of purpose in written Urdu (300 – 500 words) describing the reason(s) why the student is applying to the program, long-term goals and the reason(s) for selecting Forman Christian College
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- Two copies of the student’s CNIC and of the father / guardian
Attach all the required documents including the paid challan form to the Admission form and submit it in the Admission Office. All applicants must collect their Admit Slip from the Admission Office.
In case you are not located in Lahore then you can send us the Admission Form along with all the required documents through courier. You would need to make a pay order of Rs 2500 from any Branch of HBL in the name of Forman Christian College. Then send us the Courier at Admission Office, Ahmad Saeed Administration Building, Forman Christian College, Ferozepur Road, Lahore 54600 by July 31, 2018.