The Department of Political Science at Forman Christian College (A Chartered University) is one of the largest departments in Social Sciences. The Department’s teaching faculty had the distinction of having scholars of national and international prominence like Dr Carl W Wheeless, Prof Mary Wheeless, Dr Kitchen, Dr Anwar M Barkat, Dr Arshad Karim Syed, Dr Shokat Ali, Dr Hamid Kizilbash, Prof Naseem Zakariya, Dr Parveen Shaukat and Dr Shafqat Hussain Chaudhary.
The quality of instructional work in the Department has been of a high standard. Research work is encouraged. There is a dedicated faculty available to teach various papers and supervise research. The Department arranges extensive lectures, seminars and study tours to facilitate academic excellence in students. Alumni of this Department have contributed positively to national uplift and have excelled in numerous professions.
FCCU’s MPhil Political Science program is designed to expose graduate students to concrete and theoretical knowledge and scholarly research and to empower them with critical thinking, analytical, research, and writing skills.
The program builds on the training received at the Baccalaureate level and has a strong emphasis on research skills that will be beneficial for those pursuing careers in the government or private sectors, civil society, or teaching, among others.
The MPhil Political Science is a two year evening program comprising 30 credit hours of mandatory coursework and a written thesis of 12 credits. Coursework involves six core courses and four optional courses offered by the Department. Teaching is mostly in the form of lectures, seminars and colloquium. The program is designed to lead to PhD for those desiring to pursue a terminal degree in the field.
A 4-year BA / BS Honors Degree (completed with at least CGPA 2.50 and 130 credit hours) from an HEC recognized University or a conventional MA / MSc (completed with at least 60% marks) in Political Science, International Relations, History, Sociology, or any related discipline.
NOTE: Acceptance is based upon the 1) departmental test, 2) interview and 3) an overall evaluation of the candidate, including: academic achievement, statement of purpose and English language proficiency.
Provisional admission can be sought by students awaiting final results. Their admission will only be confirmed once they have submitted their complete official Transcript within the due dates.
PhD (Punjab Univeristy) MPhil (Government College, Lahore)
- Students are given freedom to choose their supervisors based on their topic and research interest of the supervisor
- Highly qualified faculty with diverse research interest covering almost all the sub-fields of Political Science
- Rigorous thesis writing process under regular supervision of a faculty member
- Possibility of teaching opportunity in the Department for the students graduating with a good CGPA
MPhil Political Science (Evening Program)
|Fall 2018||Spring 2019|
|Tuition Fee||Admission||Security||Total||Tuition Fee||Total||Total Fee Year Excluding tax|
- Merit Scholarship (75% tuition fee waiver) available
- Limited Teaching Assistantships (50% tuition fee waiver) available
- PEEF Scholarships available for eligible students
|A||Last Date to Submit the Form||August 27, 2018|
|B||Admission Test||Date: August 28, 2018|
Time: 12:00 pm to 02:00 pm
|C||Interview||Date: August 30, 2018|
Time: 12:00 pm
|D||Merit List Displayed||August 31, 2018|
|E||Last Date for Fee Submission||September 05, 2018|
|F||Classes Begin||September 10, 2018|
|A||Admissions Begin||June 1, 2018|
|B||Last Date to Submit the Form||July 31, 2018|
|C||Admission Test||Date: August 06, 2018|
Time: 10 am to 12 pm
|D||Interview||Date: August 09, 2018|
Time: 9 am
|E||Merit List Displayed||August 31, 2018|
|F||Last Date for Fee Submission||September 05, 2018|
|G||Classes Begin||September 10, 2018|
How to Fill the Admission Form?
- Click on the Admission Inquiry Form under “Online Application Links”
- Fill in the Inquiry Form with your correct data
- Don’t forget to fill in the Program of interest
- In case you close the inquiry form without completing & submitting, you can use the Continuing Inquiry Form under “Online Application Links”
- If you have successfully submitted the inquiry form you will get an email. Check your inbox
- In your inbox, you will receive an email with your username and password which is your tracking code
- In the email received use the “Click Here” link to access the FC Empower portal
- Use the tracking code which is your username and password. Click on the Submit button
- Click on the admission application tab
- Click on the Access Form (Postgraduate or PhD) in which you are interested in applying
- Continue to fill in the form. Once finished, print and then click on ‘I have finished – Submit’
- Pay Rs. 2500 in HBL FCCU branch
- Attach all the required documents including the paid challan form to the Admission form and submit it in the Admission Office. All applicants must collect their Admit Slip from the Admission Office
In case of any query regarding admissions, kindly fill and submit the Admission Inquiry Form under “Online Application Links”. You would be assigned a Counselor and you would be able to see the Name and Email Address of your respective Counselor from your Empower Account. Send an Email regarding any admission related query to your respective Counselor.
You can also call the Admission Office at +92 (42) 9923 1581 upto 88. The extensions are 566, 377, and 317.
- An attested copy of the original Matriculation / O level result (web downloaded results are not acceptable)
- In case of O Level, a minimum of 8 subjects must have been passed
- An attested copy of the original Intermediate / A level / High School result (web downloaded results are not acceptable)
- In case of A Level, a minimum of 3 subjects must have been passed
- A and O Level and American High School Students have to submit a copy of their Equivalence Certificate (Attested and stamped from IBCC)
- Attested copies of the final transcript of 4-year Honors / 2-year Conventional Bachelors and 2-year Conventional Masters degree
- FCCU students need to attach the attested copy of their official Baccalaureate transcript
- Students can submit their Transcript at least till the 7th semester at the time of form submission. If offered admission they must submit an attested copy of their complete official Transcript within 30 days of the beginning of the semester
- Students having a foreign Bachelors Degree must get their Equivalence from HEC
- Statement of purpose (300 – 500 words) describing the reason(s) why the student is applying to the program, long-term goals and the reason(s) for selecting Forman Christian College
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- Two copies of the student’s CNIC and of the father / guardian
Attach all the required documents including the paid challan form to the Admission form and submit it in the Admission Office. All applicants must collect their Admit Slip from the Admission Office.
In case you are not located in Lahore then you can send us the Admission Form along with all the required documents through courier. You would need to make a pay order of Rs 2500 from any Branch of HBL in the name of Forman Christian College. Then send us the Courier at Admission Office, Ahmad Saeed Administration Building, Forman Christian College, Ferozepur Road, Lahore 54600 by July 31, 2018.