The Department of Computer Science currently offers one of the best BS (Hons) programs in the region. The program is accredited by NCEAC (National Computing Education Accreditation Council) of HEC with the highest ranking of ‘W’. Following the success of the 4-year BS Computer Science program, an important step forward was taken by launching an MS Program in Computer Science. The Department is housed in the Armacost Science Building and has five computing labs equipped with modern facilities like desktop computers, printers, multimedia, LAN and Wi-Fi Internet access. The Department has an active Computing Society and ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) Chapter.
The MS in Computer Science is an evening program and is in compliance with the guidelines of HEC. It is a 2-year program of 4 semesters comprising 30 credit hours (24 credits of coursework and 6 credits of thesis). It is aimed at preparing students not only for employment in the industry through its state-of-the-art courses, but also for academia and the pursuit of a doctoral degree through its research orientation. Specializations offered in this program (depending on availability of faculty and sufficient number of candidates) are Software Engineering, Data Science, Intelligent Systems, Computational Imaging and Vision, and Information Sciences and Technology.
- A 4-year BS (Hons) degree (CS / SE / IT)
- Computer Science Conversion Course 2-year Degree referred to as “MCS” or “MSc (CS / SE / IT)”
- BCS 3-year Degree-Student will be required to complete the deficiency of difference of total earned credit hours and complete 130 credit hours
- 16-year Science and Engineering graduates are eligible to apply but they have to cover deficiency
- All degrees must have been obtained from HEC recognized local / foreign institutions
- Minimum CGPA of 2.50 or a 1st division (60% marks) in the last awarded degree
- In case of the BS (Hons) degree, 130 credit hours should be completed
NOTE: Acceptance is based upon the 1) departmental test, 2) interview and 3) an overall evaluation of the candidate, including: academic achievement, statement of purpose and English language proficiency.
Provisional admission can be sought by students awaiting final results. Their admission will only be confirmed once they have submitted their complete official Transcript within the due dates.
PhD Software Engineering (NUST, Islamabad)
Room # 303, Armacost Science Building
PhD Software Security Maintenance (The Open University, UK) MS Software Engineering (Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden)
PhD Computer Science (Université de Paris (SUD-XI), France) MS Computer Science (Université de Paris (SUD-XI), France) MS (IT) (Hamdard University, Karachi)
PhD Computer Science (University of Central Florida, USA)
MS Computer Engineering (LUMS, Lahore)
MSc Software Engineering (BTH, Karlskrona, Sweden) MCS (University of Arid Agriculture, Rawalpindi)
MSc Mechatronics (UET, Lahore) MS Computer Engineering (LUMS, Lahore)
MS Electrical Engineering (LUMS, Lahore) MS Computer Engineering (NUST, Rawalpindi)
MS Computer Science
|Fall 2018||Spring 2019|
|Tuition Fee||Admission||Security||Total||Tuition Fee||Total||Total Fee Year Excluding tax|
- Merit Scholarship (75% tuition fee waiver) available
- Limited Teaching Assistantships (50% tuition fee waiver) available
- PEEF Scholarships available for eligible students
|A||Admissions Begin||June 1, 2018|
|B||Last Date to Submit the Form||July 31, 2018|
|C||Admission Test||Date: August 06, 2018|
Time: 11 am to 1 pm
|D||Interview||Date: August 09, 2018|
Time: 11 am to 4 pm
|E||Merit List Displayed||August 16, 2018|
|F||Last Date for Fee Submission||August 31, 2018|
|G||Classes Begin||September 10, 2018|
How to Fill the Admission Form?
- Click on the Admission Inquiry Form under “Online Application Links”
- Fill in the Inquiry Form with your correct data
- Don’t forget to fill in the Program of interest
- In case you close the inquiry form without completing & submitting, you can use the Continuing Inquiry Form under “Online Application Links”
- If you have successfully submitted the inquiry form you will get an email. Check your inbox
- In your inbox, you will receive an email with your username and password which is your tracking code
- In the email received use the “Click Here” link to access the FC Empower portal
- Use the tracking code which is your username and password. Click on the Submit button
- Click on the admission application tab
- Click on the Access Form (Postgraduate or PhD) in which you are interested in applying
- Continue to fill in the form. Once finished, print and then click on ‘I have finished – Submit’
- Pay Rs. 2500 in HBL FCCU branch
- Attach all the required documents including the paid challan form to the Admission form and submit it in the Admission Office. All applicants must collect their Admit Slip from the Admission Office
In case of any query regarding admissions, kindly fill and submit the Admission Inquiry Form under “Online Application Links”. You would be assigned a Counselor and you would be able to see the Name and Email Address of your respective Counselor from your Empower Account. Send an Email regarding any admission related query to your respective Counselor.
You can also call the Admission Office at +92 (42) 9923 1581 upto 88. The extensions are 566, 377, and 317.
- An attested copy of the original Matriculation / O level result (web downloaded results are not acceptable)
- In case of O Level, a minimum of 8 subjects must have been passed
- An attested copy of the original Intermediate / A level / High School result (web downloaded results are not acceptable)
- In case of A Level, a minimum of 3 subjects must have been passed
- A and O Level and American High School Students have to submit a copy of their Equivalence Certificate (Attested and stamped from IBCC)
- Attested copies of the final transcript of 4-year Honors / 2-year Conventional Bachelors and 2-year Conventional Masters degree
- FCCU students need to attach the attested copy of their official Baccalaureate transcript
- Students can submit their Transcript at least till the 7th semester at the time of form submission. If offered admission they must submit an attested copy of their complete official Transcript within 30 days of the beginning of the semester
- Students having a foreign Bachelors Degree must get their Equivalence from HEC
- 2 reference letters (at least one should be academic)
- Statement of purpose (300 – 500 words) describing the reason(s) why the student is applying to the program, long-term goals and the reason(s) for selecting Forman Christian College
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- Two copies of the student’s CNIC and of the father / guardian
Attach all the required documents including the paid challan form to the Admission form and submit it in the Admission Office. All applicants must collect their Admit Slip from the Admission Office.
In case you are not located in Lahore then you can send us the Admission Form along with all the required documents through courier. You would need to make a pay order of Rs 2500 from any Branch of HBL in the name of Forman Christian College. Then send us the Courier at Admission Office, Ahmad Saeed Administration Building, Forman Christian College, Ferozepur Road, Lahore 54600 by July 31, 2018.