The Department of Computer Science currently offers one of the best BS (Hons) programs in the region. The program is accredited by NCEAC (National Computing Education Accreditation Council) of HEC with the highest ranking of ‘W’. Following the success of the 4-year BS Computer Science program, an important step forward was taken by launching an MS Program in Computer Science. The Department is housed in the Armacost Science Building and has five computing labs equipped with modern facilities like desktop computers, printers, multimedia, LAN and Wi-Fi Internet access. The Department has an active Computing Society and ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) Chapter.
The MS in Computer Science is an evening program and is in compliance with the guidelines of HEC. It is a 2-year program of 4 semesters comprising 30 credit hours (24 credits of coursework and 6 credits of thesis). It is aimed at preparing students not only for employment in the industry through its state-of-the-art courses, but also for academia and the pursuit of a doctoral degree through its research orientation. Specializations offered in this program (depending on availability of faculty and sufficient number of candidates) are Software Engineering, Data Science, Intelligent Systems, Computational Imaging and Vision, and Information Sciences and Technology.
- A 4-year BS (Hons) degree (CS / SE / IT)
- Computer Science Conversion Course 2-year Degree referred to as “MCS” or “MSc (CS / SE / IT)”
- BCS 3-year Degree-Student will be required to complete the deficiency of difference of total earned credit hours and complete 130 credit hours
- 16-year Science and Engineering graduates are eligible to apply but they have to cover deficiency
- All degrees must have been obtained from HEC recognized local / foreign institutions
- Minimum CGPA of 2.50 or a 1st division (60% marks) in the last awarded degree
- In case of the BS (Hons) degree, 130 credit hours should be completed
NOTE: Acceptance is based upon the 1) departmental test, 2) interview and 3) an overall evaluation of the candidate, including: academic achievement, statement of purpose and English language proficiency.
Provisional admission can be sought by students awaiting final results. Their admission will only be confirmed once they have submitted their complete official Transcript within the due dates.
Chairperson & Professor
PhD Software Engineering (NUST, Islamabad)
Room # 303, Armacost Science Building
PhD Software Security Maintenance (The Open University, UK) MS Software Engineering (Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden)
PhD Computer Science (Université de Paris (SUD-XI), France) MS Computer Science (Université de Paris (SUD-XI), France) MS (IT) (Hamdard University, Karachi)
PhD Computer Science (University of Central Florida, USA)
MS Computer Engineering (LUMS, Lahore)
MSc Software Engineering (BTH, Karlskrona, Sweden) MCS (University of Arid Agriculture, Rawalpindi)
MSc Mechatronics (UET, Lahore) MS Computer Engineering (LUMS, Lahore)
MS Electrical Engineering (LUMS, Lahore) MS Computer Engineering (NUST, Rawalpindi)
MS Computer Science
|Fall 2018||Spring 2019|
|Tuition Fee||Admission||Security||Total||Tuition Fee||Total||Total Fee Year Excluding tax|
- Merit Scholarship (75% tuition fee waiver) available
- Limited Teaching Assistantships (50% tuition fee waiver) available
- PEEF Scholarships available for eligible students