Office of Research, Innovation & Commercialization
Office of Research, Innovation and Commercialization (ORIC) was established to encourage meaningful research by FCCU’s faculty and students to forge linkages between industry, civil society and academia.
The Office of Research, Innovation and Commercialization (ORIC) was established in July 2011 to encourage meaningful research by faculty and students to forge linkages between industry, civil society and academia. ORIC’s responsibilities are to:
- Identify research grant opportunities for faculty to apply for funding
- Facilitate faculty to apply for research & travel grants
- Provide legal, administrative and financial management support of research grants
- Support commercialization, licensing, etc. of the university research products
ORIC also holds lectures and seminars with guest speakers to create awareness about various opportunities and themes for research in both social and natural sciences. This initiative increases the quality of undergraduate and graduate teaching at FCCU.
- Grow our research and economic development efforts and output as to improve our industry competitiveness using innovation and becoming the driving force behind research and the economic development of Pakistan
- To promote strategic partnership with industry in global knowledge economy to intensify the partnerships that go beyond the traditional funding of discrete research projects
- To promote entrepreneurship, technology-transfer and commercialization activities that energize and support the local and national economy
ORIC’s vision is to enable and lead Pakistan’s transformation to a knowledge-based economy dependent upon innovation and entrepreneurship. It aims to promote a culture of research at FCCU and to develop strong university-industry linkages in order to encourage and accelerate the process of innovation.
MoUs and Industry Linkages
ORIC has signed MOUs with the following organizations:
- PLAN 9
- LCCI (Lahore Chamber of Commerce and Industry)
- BF Biosciences Ltd
- Pioneer Pakistan Seeds Ltd
- Waste Busters, Lahore
- Chugtai Lahore Labs
- International Center for Theoretical Physics
- HBL Foundation
- Allama Iqbal Medical College (AIMC)/Jinnah Hospital
Frequently Asked Questions
Which organization should I apply to for funding for my Research?
You can apply for funding to the following organizations depending on the nature of your proposal.
- Higher Education Commission (HEC)
- Punjab Higher Education Commissions (PHEC)
- Pakistan Science Foundation
- ICT-R&D Fund
How do I fill my application?
There are clear guidelines giving on most of the applications, however if something is unclear ORIC staff can be of assistance.
What is the procedure to submit a Travel Grant Application?
There is some variation in the procedure of HEC and PHEC.
How can I apply for seminar or conference funding?
Seminar or conference funding can be applied for by filling the respective organization’s form.
ORIC Policies & Procedures