Dr Muhammad Naveed Tahir
PhD Economics (University Lumiere Lyon II, France)
MS Economics (University Lumiere Lyon II, France)
Room # 007, Business and Social Sciences Building
Dr Tahir has experience of working at universities, Central Bank, colleges and NGOs. Prior to joining FCCU, Dr Tahir served at University of Management and Technology (UMT) Lahore. He also worked at the State Bank of Pakistan as a Deputy Director in the Monetary Policy Department. He has the experience of teaching at College level when he served as a Lecture in Economics at Government Degree College Okara. He has also worked as an Education Coordinator in Human Development Foundation (HDF) a subsidiary of Human Development Foundation of North America (HDFNA).
Dr Tahir has attended various international and national trainings. He attended training programs conducted by International Monetary Fund (IMF) at IMF Institute, Washington D.C and Federal Reserve Bank of New York in New York. He also successfully completed a 6-month extensive training conducted by the State Bank of Pakistan at the National Institute of Banking and Finance (NIBAF), Islamabad. The trainers were: Central Bankers, Commercial Bankers, Professors, and Policy makers from Pakistan. He also attended another training program titled “National and Regional Accounts” at Federal Bureau of Statistics (FBS) conducted by German Development Cooperation (GTZ).
Dr Tahir has presented his research work in international conferences in Spain and Greece and also attended a Summer School in Italy.
Research Interest: Monetary Economics, International Economics, Macroeconomics
- “Natural Gas Consumption and Economic Growth in Pakistan; A Production Function Approach”, Global Business Review, Forthcoming Vol. 19 (2) April 2018.
- “Appropriate Exchange Rate Regime for Economic Structure of Pakistan” in Turkish Economic Review, Vol. 3, No. 4, December 2016.
- “Electronic Banking and Banking Performance: An Empirical Study of Pakistan’s Banks. Journal of Social Sciences, Vol. 8, No. 2, December, 2017.
- “Some Price and Non-Price Factors Affecting Imports in Pakistan”, Pakistan Journal of Applied Economics, Vol. 24, No. 2, winter 2014.
- 2017: Invited by SBE, UMT to deliver a lecture on the topic “Sustainable Development Goals and the Monetary Policy”.
- 2014: Invited by UMT Sialkot Campus to deliver a lecture on the topic “Recent Exchange Rate Variability in Pakistan”.
- 2012: presented paper “Relative Importance of Monetary Transmission Channels: A Structural Investigation; Case of Brazil, Chile, and Korea” at International Conference on Economic Modeling EcoMod 2012, Seville, Spain.
- 2011: presented paper “Inflation Targeting, Asset Prices and Financial Globalization” at 15th International Conference on Macroeconomic Analysis and International Finance, University of Crete, Crete, Greece.