The International Education Office (IEO) at Forman Christian College (A Chartered University) is committed to providing inclusive counseling and advising for extensive opportunities in prestigious foreign universities. The Office has joint relations with the official representatives of international universities in Australia, Canada, Egypt, France, Germany, Kenya, Korea, Malaysia, Thailand, Turkey, UAE, UK, USA and other countries to explore admission, scholarship and semester exchange opportunities for FCCU’s students. IEO organizes an extensive range of on-campus events / seminars from international university representatives throughout the year, including:
- Annual Education Fair
- Informative Presentations and Seminars
- One-on-one Counseling Sessions
- Mock Interviews for Admissions and Scholarships
- Trainings and Workshops on:
- How to apply for admission and scholarships
- Writing Statement of Purpose
- Guideline for IELTS, GRE, TOEFL preparation etc.
FCCU’s Partner Universities:
- Al Akhawayn University, Morocco
- Albion College, US
- Allegheny College, US
- American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- American University in Cairo, Egypt
- American University of Paris, France
- College of Wooster, US
- Franklin University, Switzerland
- International Christian University, Japan
- Istanbul Kemerburgaz University, Turkey
- Kalamazoo College, US
- Lingnan University, Hong Kong
- Ohio Wesleyan University, US
- Catholic University, Korea
- Handong Global University, Korea
- Polytechnic Institute of Bragança, Portugal
- SWPS (Szkoła Wyższa Psychologii Społecznej) – University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Poland
- Izmir University of Economics, Turkey
- Sejong University, Korea
- Bond University, Australia
- Istanbul Aydin University, Turkey
- Infrastructure University Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- The University of Malaya, Malaysia
- Karabuk University, Turkey
- Middlesex University, UK
- UASLP, Mexico
- The United States International University, Kenya
- Nişantaşı University, Turkey
- Karabük University, Turkey
- Yaşar University, Turkey
- Yonsei University, Korea
Being a recipient of Erasmus+ International Mobility Grant was a delight. I believe as a post-graduate research student a semester abroad honed my analytical skills. Also, it gave me an opportunity to connect with international students, academics and provided me a wonderful chance to immerse in the culturally rich surroundings of London. IEO was a source of constant support and guidance as they facilitated my journey from the very beginning till the end.
Kainat ShakilStudent of MPhil Public Policy
I had the privilege of visiting United Kingdom for Fall semester 2017. I spent one semester as a exchange student at Middlesex University, London on Erasmus + Scholarship. Studying abroad added another level to my university experience. Choosing to go abroad is choosing to take the plunge into a new world. A world of new friendships, new experiences and freedom. I gained a sense of responsibility and became empowered to make decisions independently. IEO office was instrumental in notifying me about this exchange opportunity. IEO was always there to facilitate me in the whole process. Its efforts to collaborate with worldwide bodies and new endeavors are worth praising.
Shuham CharlesStudent of MPhil Public Policy
I was selected for the Harvard Crossroads Summer Program in Dubai from among 4,000 applicants from 11 countries. The selection was made under a rigorous selection criteria set by the Harvard University, USA. A batch of 52 students/graduates were invited to the newly launched trans-national summer program by the Harvard University (SAI) and Harvard Club of the GCC in collaboration with Dubai International Financial Center and the UAE government. It was a weeklong intensive course on Dubai as a hub of international business and trade.
I owe this accomplishment to my mentor Associate Professor of English, Dr Summer Pervez and my teacher Assistant Professor of Sociology, Shahid Rasheed, both of whom wrote wonderful recommendation letters for me. I am also thankful to the International Education Office for helping me during various stages of the selection process. The office is unique in that it helps students apply for international scholarships and exchange programs.
My 14-day visit to Istanbul Aydin University, Turkey, under the cultural exchange program of the International Education Office gave me the opportunity to interact with a different culture and traditions. I thank Forman Christian College (A Chartered University) for giving me this wonderful opportunity and believe more students should join such programs, which not only allow them to travel abroad but also to enrich their learning experience.