College (Intermediate) Refund Policy
Tuition and fee charges, once paid are not refundable.
Students must apply for the refund of their security deposit immediately after leaving FC College. Claims for the refund of security deposit after three months will not be entertained. If a student leaves the college without informing the office to this effect in writing, he will have to forfeit his security deposit and will have to pay all fines and other outstanding fee.
University Refund Policy
Under HEC’s national level refund policy, tuition fees for the withdrawn semester will be prorated as under:
|Withdrawing before the start of the semester or up to 7th day of convening of classes||Full refund|
|Withdrawing from 8th to 15th day of convening of classes||50% refund|
|Withdrawing from 16th day of convening of classes or later||No refund|
Masters (MBA/MPhil/MS/Executive MA/PGD)
Under HEC’s national level refund policy, tuition fees for the withdrawn year be prorated as under:
|Withdrawing before the start of the academic year or up to 15th day of convening of classes||Full refund|
|Withdrawing from 16th to 30th day of convening of classes||50% refund|
|Withdrawing from 31st day of of convening of classes or later||No refund|
Hostel dues’ refund policy
The hostel dues are charged in the following categories: Occupancy Charges and Meal Charges.
Occupancy is charged on an annual basis whereas meal charges are according to the meal plan adopted by each student.
The repayment/refund policy is:
|HOSTEL/MESS||Full refund less incidentals if any|
|MEAL CHARGES||Refund of amount less number of meals consumed/dues outstanding effective 24 hours after provision of proper notice to stop meals.|
|INTERMEDIATE||Full refund before commencement of College classes
Pro rata refund calculated for number of months remaining, if the student leaves the hostel officially before winter break.
|BACCALAUREATE||Full refund of current semester up to end of add/dropPro rata refund calculated for number of remaining months if the student leaves the hostel officially before Mid-Term (end of 8 weeks into the semester).
No refund of hostel summer dues is applicable for existing continuing residents.
- All refunds, including security deposits, will lapse after three months of leaving the college/university (obtaining the degree/result card/college leaving certificate).
- Applications for refund should be submitted to the Accounts Office, by the student seeking refund, through their respective wardens.
- The current month at the time of the refund will be treated on a fortnight basis.
- Appeals against any award of refund by the Accounts Office, can be made only on the grounds of dispute information on record.
- Appeals against refund-award/disputes must be made within 10 days of the award of refunds to the Hostel’s Appeals committee; comprising three members (CFO or his nominee, the Warden or Assistant Warden of the respective hostel and the chief warden or his nominee; in case the student is resident of the hostel of the Chief Warden an Assistant Warden from the other hostels would be co-opted as the third member).
- Appeals on account of hardship do not fall under the purview of this committee.
- The decision of this committee regarding the appeals will be deemed final and binding on both parties.