April 11, 2018 - 12:00 am
April 27, 2018 - 11:59 pm
Call for Applications
Athens Democracy Forum, Greece, September 2018
Attention all FCCU undergraduates:
The Athens Democracy Forum is a three-day annual gathering in late summer of around 80 undergraduates from across the world, all competitively selected. The Forum is a platform to raise critical questions about the state of liberal democracy in the world. Student delegates will engage in an open discourse with global experts and each other on the various themes of the Forum. The thematic focus for this year is the SDGs. At the end of the three days, students will be expected to produce a white paper on recommendations for SDGs as per the mode decided during this Forum.
All ground costs will be paid for by the Forum’s sponsors, and FCCU will provide 50% of the airfare, to be purchased through FCCU’s process. The student will need to pay for 50% of the airfare, as well as visa processing and any other costs.
Two students from FCCU will be selected for participation in the upcoming Forum. Students who fulfill the following criteria are invited to apply:
- Currently enrolled as a sophomore or Junior
- Have a CPGA of 3.5 or more
- Holder of (or applicant for) a valid passport
- Willing to fund 50% of their airfare and visa fees for the event
A successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Extremely well read, and aware of the challenges faced by ‘Democracy’ in the world of today;
- Have a vast knowledge of issues of education, health, inequality and climate change besetting Pakistan and the world at large;
- Have excellent English communication skills, with special focus on critical analysis, extempore response/meaningful contribution to discussions and academic writing skills; and
- Understands and respects diversity.
Students who have past experience in declamation contests, quality written assignments, and real-life work experiences in an area related to the above will be highly desirable.
To apply, please prepare and submit the following:
Transcripts showing your CPGA
Certificate/s showing involvement in co or extra-curricular activities, if any
Deadline Date to Apply: 11:59 pm on April 27, 2018