Bioinformatics has emerged as a vital science in biological and health sciences. The technological advancements in genomics, proteomics, transcriptomics and metabolomics have opened many avenues to use Bioinformatics for biological data interpretation and analysis, specifically diagnostics, therapeutics and forensics. Nowadays, there is an urgent need for graduates with this expertise in our country.
Forman Christian College (A Chartered University) has, over its 150-year history, adapted and responded to the technological needs of the time, and so offers the BS (Hons) Bioinformatics program.
BS (Hons) Bioinformatics
- 4-year – 8 semester program
- Evening sessions only (3:00 pm to 8:00 pm)
- Interdisciplinary (designed by Departments of Biological Sciences, Computer Science, Mathematics and Statistics)
- Taught by experts in the field
- Linkages with industry and end users