FC College started the MPhil Chemistry program in 2009 to produce highly educated and skilled chemists. This is a critical requirement for Pakistan which needs to upgrade the state of its industries and other sectors to be able to compete in the world and meet new challenges.
The Department of Chemistry is located in the new Armacost Science Building. It consists of large modern lecture rooms/halls, two seminar rooms with audio-video arrangements and four large modern laboratories. There is also an instrument laboratory and six postgraduate laboratories for research only.
The Department is equipped with the latest models of the following instruments:
- atomic absorption spectrophotometer
- thermogravimetric analyzer
- CHNS/O analyzer
- gas chromatograph-mass spectrometer
- FT-IR spectrophotometer
- UV/VIS spectrophotometer
- gamray electrochemical equipment.
The Department of Chemistry is determined to demonstrate the distinguished features of FCC: excellence in education, commitment to core values, leadership in curriculum development, service to nation, and above all its pioneering effort to help develop leaders of integrity and discipline.
Merit scholarships and limited Teaching Assistantships are available
FCC is on the Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) Scholarship panel for postgraduate programs
Admissions Timeline for MPhil Chemistry
|1.||Admissions open||1 June 2015|
|2.||Application deadline||17 August 2015|
|3.||Department test||19 August 2015
Time: 10:00 am
|4.||Interviews (Please bring original documents)||19 August 2015
Time: 12:30 pm
|5.||First merit list displayed||21 August 2015|
|6.||Classes begin||1 September 2015|
1. Fill in the online form; do not miss out any information – find links to online forms below the instructions
2. Print the form and attach the documents mentioned below.
3. Click the Submit button when the application is complete
4. Please note down your computer generated Admission Tracking Number
- Matriculation/ O level result
- Intermediate/ A level result
- Final transcripts of 4 years honors/ Masters degree
- Copy of the GAT result
- 2 recent passport sized photographs
- Two copies of the CNIC of Applicant and of the Father/Guardian
- Processing fee of Rs 2,000 must only be deposited in the HBL Branch, FC College
- You must write your name and admission tracking number on the Challan form, otherwise payment will not be processed
5. Submit the form in the Admissions Office Ahmad Saeed Administration Building
Please attach the following with the printed application form:
- Research experience if any (please mention the organization, designation and nature of experience)
- List of publications
- Professional/employment record if any
- Please write in not more than 150 word why you are interested in doing MPhil Chemistry
All of the above should be on separate sheets of paper.
If you are off the FCC campus: Admission application link 1 or Admission application link 2
If you are on the FCC campus: Admission Application Link for continuing applications