Areas of Specialization
- Development Economics
- Environmental and Resource Economics
- Applied Econometrics
- ECON 501: Advanced Microeconomics (4 Credits)
- ECON 502: Advanced Macroeconomics (4 Credits)
- ECON 505: Applied Econometrics (4 Credits)
- ECON 506: Economic Issues inPakistanEconomy (3 Credits)
- ECON 655: Applied Economics (3 Credits)
In MPhil Applied Economics, besides core courses, students have to opt three optional courses and a research thesis.
Note: About optional courses, Department of Economics decides each year subject to availability of faculty in that area. Please check the Department for available courses.
MPhil Applied Economics Degree Requirements
The following requirements must be fulfilled by all students in order to qualify for recommendation by the faculty for the award of MPhil Applied Economics degree.
- The satisfactory completion of 39 credit hours with cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.5 or better.
- During the third semester of the program, students are required to carry out research on a topic of their choice under the guidance of a supervisor. The research thesis will be of 12 credits hours. The student will be full-time student during the coursework.
- The MPhil thesis will be evaluated by an external expert and will be defended before a committee.
- The MPhil thesis must be of publication-acceptable standards.
- All other rules and regulations will apply as per Department and University policy.