FC College started the MPhil Biotechnology program in 2009 to keep up with the rapid advances in the life sciences and to prepare students for rewarding careers in the field of Biotechnology, whether in industry, academia or government.
The Biological Sciences Department is located in the new Armacost Science Building which has six dedicated research and six teaching laboratories as well as state-of the art equipment such as: PCR-thermal cycler, real-time PCR, microcentrifuges, electroporator, refrigerated table top centrifuge, ultra low freezer, nanodrop spectrophotometer, orbital shaker, infrared gas analyzer (IRGA), gas chromatogram, CO2 incubator, gel electrophoresis system, documentation system, biosafety cabinets etc.
We have a well-qualified and experienced faculty, who are involved in various research programs in which both graduate and undergraduate students are involved. Already among the premier academic institutions in the region, we are committed to making FCC one of the leading Biotechnology research institutions in the country.
Biotechnology is a diverse field which utilizes biological processes and systems for the development of technologies and products beneficial to mankind and our Planet. A post graduate degree in the field of biotechnology opens the doors for the graduates to innumerable possibilities for a successful career and a prosperous future. They can delve into fields of their choice namely healthcare, agriculture, industries and bioinformatics. They can work on developing new and novel techniques or improving and upgrading existing techniques and/or product as a part of their occupation. They can use current techniques and utilize them for diverse roles to answer various problems. All in all this field is bursting with opportunities and has great multiplicity to attract individuals from different fields and walks of life.
Merit scholarships and limited Teaching Assistantships are available
FCC is on the Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) Scholarship panel for postgraduate programs
|Last date to apply||17 August 2015|
|Entry test for MPhil Biotechnology
(Click here to find the sample test paper)
|19 August 2015
Time: 10:00 am
|Interview for MPhil Biotechnology||21 August 2015
Time: 10:00 am
1. Fill in the online form; do not miss out any information – find links to online forms below the instructionsInstructions:
2. Print the form and attach the documents mentioned below.
3. Click the Submit button when the application is complete
4. Please note down your computer generated Admission Tracking Number
- Matriculation/ O level result
- Intermediate/ A level result
- Final transcripts of 4 years honors/ Masters degree
- 2 recent passport sized photographs
- Two copies of the CNIC of Applicant and of the Father/Guardian
- Processing fee of Rs 2,000 must only be deposited in the HBL Branch, FC College
- You must write your name and admission tracking number on the Challan form, otherwise payment will not be processed
5. Submit the form in the Admissions Office Ahmad Saeed Administration Building
Please attach the following with the printed application form:
- Research experience if any (please mention the organization, designation and nature of experience)
- List of publications (if applicable)
- Professional/employment record if any
- Please write in not more than 150 word why you are interested in doing MPhil Biotechnology
All of the above should be on separate sheets of paper.
If you are off the FCC campus: Admission application link 1 or Admission application link 2
If you are on the FCC campus: Admission Application Link for continuing applications