Green day has the power to bring about historic advances in climate policy, renewable energy and green jobs and catalyze millions who make personal commitments to sustainability. A Billion Acts of Green mobilizing the power of people to create change by taking small steps in our homes, our Institutions and our businesses that add up to an enormous collective action.
For this reason students of Green Chemistry Chem 442, Chem 261, Chem 260, Chem 160,Univ 100 students, PSRD, Lahore waste management company and Forest wildlife fisheries departments planned to celebrate a “Green Day” on 14 November 2016 from 02:00 pm to 03:00 pm. FCCU’s Rector, Dr James Tebbe was the chief guest.
The main objectives of this celebration were:
- To promote greener, healthier and happier environment
- To create a forum in which our students can share their ideas about DIY
- To raise awareness of environment and development
- The ultimate aim of green day is to completely cut down the stream of chemicals pouring into the environment
- To understand the important role of the environmental and green chemistry and how to deal with it in our practical life.